How Argan Oil Grows Thicker and Longer Hair
Got thinning hair? You can definitely regrow hair by using argan oil for hair loss.
Everybody has been talking about the wonders of using Moroccan argan oil and its effective use for hair growth. As the numbers of satisfied users kept increasing, so did the people curious about it. Many are wondering if argan oil really makes hair grow. Finally, Essential Oils Care is here to set the record straight as we give you the bits on how argan oil works on hair.
One of the main reasons why argan oil is good for hair is because it’s rich in vitamins. It contains vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that protects cells from damage. Applying argan oil to hair allows it to refurbish your hair’s damaged strands. When applied to the scalp, vitamin E reduces inflammation and repair damaged hair follicles. This encourages a better hair growth.
Argan oil also contains traces of vitamin A, which is known to prevent hair loss. In fact, many individuals who suffer from hair loss due to vitamin A deficiency take vitamin A supplements.
The most abundant and important compounds in argan oil that works for hair growth are essential fatty acids. It contains an incredible combination of 43% oleic acid, 37% linoleic acid, and 12% palmitic acid. Hair loss is often due to weak hair and unhealthy scalp. These fatty acids nourish the hair so it stays healthy and resilient to damage as it grows. Argan oil also carries disinfectant and antiseptic properties due to aromatic compounds present in it. This gives you a balanced scalp, which is key to having a healthy hair growth.
Want to make sure argan oil works when used for hair growth? The key to successful use of essential oils is safe and proper usage techniques. Check out this link for more essential oil tips.
3 Ways of Using Pure Argan Oil for Hair Growth
Seeing tracks of hair on your pillows every waking hour could be stressful for many – either for men or for women. Sometimes, a few more patches of hair clump up on the drain and you just hate the thought of losing more strands! Now, with argan oil’s power to regrow hair and prevent hair loss, you can finally put yourself at ease for a little. All it takes is regular use of pure organic argan oil for hair growth. Here are 3 simple ways to do it:
When aiming for beautiful hair, sometimes the scalp does not get much attention. The truth is, healthy hair begins with a well-nourished scalp. Scalp conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, dry scalp, dandruff, and too much oiliness all lead to a flaky and itchy scalp. This may clog the hair follicles, preventing the growth of healthy hair and causing hair fall. Worse, it could further develop to scalp infections. Using argan oil as a scalp treatment helps treat and prevent these conditions.
- Pure organic argan oil
- Mild shampoo
- Scalp cleanser
- Cotton balls
- Shallow bowl or container
- Wash hair and scalp using a mild shampoo and towel dry. You may use warm water to help eliminate dirt more effectively. If you have dry hair, lukewarm water is fine. This will help open the clogged pores of the scalp and allow the oil to penetrate deeply.
- Clean scalp thoroughly with a scalp cleanser (similar to a toner for skin). Take a cotton ball and take some scalp cleanser with it. Rub it to the entire scalp to remove remaining dirt and residues.
- Pour a generous amount of argan oil into a shallow bowl or container to help you take oil easily.
- Take some argan oil and apply to the scalp using your fingertips. Make sure to spread argan oil onto the scalp thoroughly.
- Massage scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Leave for 30 to 45 minutes to allow the oil to absorb.
- Rinse hair and scalp with a mild shampoo and towel dry.
- Repeat the scalp treatment 2 to 3 times a week.
Overnight Hair Mask
The deep conditioning properties of argan oil are especially beneficial for those with dry brittle hair. Use it as an overnight hair mask to give dull and damaged hair a glorious transformation while promoting faster hair growth.
- Pure organic argan oil
- Glass jar
- Large bowl
- Hot water
- Shallow bowl or container
- Applicator brush (optional)
- Comb (wide tooth comb for curly hair)
- Hairpin or hair clamp
- Shower cap
- Mild shampoo
- Clean towel
- Pour enough amount of argan oil into a glass jar. Warm it in a large bowl with hot water for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take some oil with your fingers and apply the oil to entire scalp thoroughly. You may put the oil into a shallow container to help you take oil easily. You can also use an applicator brush if available.
- In a circular motion, massage the entire scalp for about 10 to 15 minutes. This increases blood circulation.
- Work the oil gradually from the roots to the entire length of your hair. Use a comb to spread the oil. A wide tooth comb is best if you have curly hair.
- Put hair in a little bun and cover your head with a shower cap. Use a hairpin or clamp to put hair in place. Leave it overnight to allow the oil for maximum absorption.
- Rinse your hair and scalp in the morning using a mild shampoo. Then towel dry.
Restore and strengthen weak hair when you make argan oil part of your regular hair care routine. Using it as a leave-in conditioner is one way of enjoying the benefits of argan oil for hair growth. It keeps the hair healthy, as it grows longer. It also repairs split ends and helps manage frizzy hair.
- Take some argan oil into your palms. Rub them together to spread.
- Apply the oil to your hair by working your palms and fingers from roots to tips.
- Style hair as usual.
TIP: Apply the oil before using heat styling products such as blow dryers, flat irons, and curling irons. Argan oil helps protect hair from damage due to excessive heat. It also tames frizz, split ends, and strands of stray hair.
Best Argan Oil Hair Growth Product Brands
When using argan oil for hair growth, it is important to choose the right brands as well. It’s your first step in achieving positive results. Never allow yourself to be a victim of knock-off products. Here are the best brands of argan oil hair growth products to look for.
Shiny Leaf offers a collection of natural and organic products to help you with your beauty and wellness goals. One of their best offers is cold pressed organic argan oil. It is Eco Cert and USDA Certified so you are confident that it’s a safe and effective product you are getting. You can also get the nourishing benefits of argan oil for hair growth when you use Shiny Leaf’s Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner.
Eden’s Garden is home to 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils. They offer hair-enhancing products such as the 100% Pure Argan Oil. You can use it for your everyday hair care needs while promoting healthier hair growth. It is rich in vitamins and blends well with other types of essential oils.
Aura Cacia is one the premier brands in essential oils industry. Along with a variety of essential oil products, they offer Organic Argan Oil from Morocco. It has rejuvenating effects that work perfectly for skin care and hair care. It is rich in essential fatty acids your hair needs for healthier growth.
Plant Therapy is a premier provider of beauty and personal care products made with plant extracts and essential oils. They offer Pure and Organic Argan Oil made from argan seeds of Morocco. It is USDA Certified and cold pressed. It works great for both hair and skin application.
ArtNaturals provides easy-to-use products for hair care such as their Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. These hair care products contain natural ingredients including argan oil. They cleanse and nourish your hair while promoting hair growth.
Plant Guru, as the brand name suggests, focuses on giving plant-based products that are safe and natural. They offer a pure argan oil product, which is virgin and unrefined. You can also experience the beauty of argan oil benefits when you use their unique Argan Butter. It’s infused with the goodness and nourishing properties of argan oil.
Artizen is one of the popular names in essential oils industry. It offers a various range of natural beauty products such as Pure and Natural Moroccan Argan Oil. A bottle of this therapeutic grade carrier oil comes with dropper cap you can use on the scalp when applying argan oil for hair growth.
NOW Foods has established a name for providing natural and organic products that promote healthy living. They offer USDA Organic Argan Oil you can use for both skin and hair. With versatility in uses, they call it “The Gold of Morocco – Multi-Purpose Oil”. It’s expeller pressed, and hexane-free.
Radha Beauty is committed to enhancing the natural beauty of every person. With that, they offer skin care and hair care products made with natural ingredients. Four argan oil products grace their collection namely, Pure Argan Oil, Argan Oil Hair Mask, Argan Oil Shampoo, and Argan Oil Conditioner. These products promote hair growth while keeping hair strong and beautiful.
Check out more brands of essential oils that made it to our best list. What made these brands our top choices? What are the awesome products they offer? Find out on the link below.
Argan Oil for Hair Loss Treatment Recipe
Create your own hair loss treatment with a few natural ingredients. Here’s a recipe that will put your hair-thinning problem to stop and grow healthier strands.
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or a bowl.
- Apply the mask thoroughly to the scalp and hair, massaging the scalp in a circular motion to stimulate blood circulation.
- Put hair in a small bun and cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave for 45 to 60 minutes or leave overnight.
- Wash and rinse hair using a gentle shampoo. Rinse off the next morning if left overnight.
Tips to Effectively Grow Hair with Argan Oil
Using argan oil for hair growth is truly powerful. But the secret to making it truly work lies in the proper way of using it. Here are a few extra tips to help you get better results!
Cleanse the Scalp
Before putting on argan oil on your scalp, make sure it is thoroughly clean. There may be some build-up of dust, dirt, and hair products on it. These residues and impurities could block the way of argan oil and inhibit proper absorption.
Wash your hair first with a mild shampoo, then towel dry. Use a scalp cleanser and rub it to your scalp with cotton to take off any residue left. A scalp cleanser is similar to a toner for the skin. You can buy it from pharmacies, beauty stores, skin care clinics, or department stores.
Massage Argan Oil Into the Scalp
Scalp massage is very important when applying argan oil for hair growth. It helps boost blood circulation in the scalp, which encourages hair growth as well. Hair growth starts at the hair bulb where proper blood flow provides the follicles with nutrients essential for hair growth.
Apply Argan Oil Regularly
Like in any other hair care routine, to be effective, using argan oil for hair growth requires a bit of time and effort too. Hair doesn’t grow instantly overnight. You need to apply the argan oil regularly as part of a hair care routine. Using argan oil before bedtime and leaving it overnight gives the oil enough time to absorb and work on your hair and scalp as well.
Want more tips on how to use argan oil and other essential oil products? Learn the benefits of using essential oils for aromatherapy, personal care, and even the household!