Why Use Argan Oil for Face and Body
Argan oil today is more popular for its use in hair care. Many hair products – either commercial or salon-grade – boast a lush argan oil ingredient. It makes shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatment products more nourishing. But now, more and more argan oil users have discovered the beauty of applying argan oil for skin. Here’s a rundown of reasons to use argan oil for face and body.
Rich in Essential Fatty Acids
Argan oil is a powerhouse for all things good for skin. It contains essential fatty acids that help keep skin hydrated such as:
- Oleic Acid – The term “oleic” means related to or derived from olive oil, which contains a high amount of oleic acid itself. Argan oil contains 43% of oleic acid, its highest fatty acid content. This omega-9 fatty acid is typically used as an emulsifying agent in soaps. It makes a great emollient or moisturizing ingredient as well. So applying argan oil for skin keeps it soft and smooth to touch.
- Linoleic Acid – At 37% concentration, linoleic acid is the second highest fatty acid in argan oil. This omega-6 fatty acid has become popular in the beauty products industry for its skin benefits. It aids skin lightening and retains moisture effectively. It reduces inflammation and fights acne when applied topically to the skin. It’s no surprise why you often see linoleic acid on labels of most skin care products today.
- Palmitic Acid – As the name suggests, this fatty acid is the major component of palm oil. It has found wide use in food processing as an inexpensive agent for added texture and mouthfeel. It is also a key ingredient in making soaps and other cosmetic products. Argan oil contains 12% palmitic acid, which provides the combined benefits of moisture and cleansing that keeps skin healthy looking.
Does Not Clog Pores
If you are worried about putting oil on your face, you’ll say you were overreacting when you use argan oil. Did you know that essential oils are very similar to the sebum our skin naturally produces? With this quality, argan oil works well with the skin. It actually balances the skin’s natural oil production to prevent acne and breakouts. It makes an effective moisturizing agent for daily use.
Contains Vitamins and Antioxidants
When you get enough vitamins and minerals, it reflects on your glowing skin. Argan oil is rich in vitamin A and E that are essential for keeping skin healthy. These two skin-caring components are the reason behind argan oil’s rise as anti-aging oil.
When you apply argan oil for skin care, vitamin A works on improving cell regeneration. This helps replace old skin cells to give you a more youthful look. Vitamin A also helps boost collagen production, which improves skin texture and firmness.
Vitamin E, on the other hand, is a powerful antioxidant that prevents skin aging. It fights free radicals that damage the skin. They can be caused by sunlight, pollution, and unhealthy diet. A little lifestyle change and regular use of argan oil for skin repairs skin damage to restore your youthful glow.
Suits All Skin Types
Got oily, dry, or combination skin? Whatever your skin type is, it won’t be a problem when you apply argan oil for skin care. Those with dry skin can definitely benefit from argan oil’s moisturizing effects. Even those with oily skin types find argan oil safe and pleasing to use. It does not clog pores and is non-greasy. If you have a sensitive skin, argan oil makes a gentle yet effective face and body treatment as well. It absorbs fast and is non-irritating.
Looking for more essential oil products you can use for face and body? Many essential oils with similar properties are also great for skin care. You can use them as alternative or mix with argan oil. Check out the link below to know more about the different types of essential oils.
Benefits of Using Argan Oil for Skin Care
Having all the nourishing and skin-friendly properties, argan oil is the perfect skin care match you are looking for. You don’t have to put layers of products on your skin anymore. Regular use of argan oil for skin care is right enough to provide you with these awesome skin benefits:
Moisturizes and Hydrates Skin
While argan oil is known as a natural hair conditioner, it has now become a popular skin care product too. Relieve dry skin with a few drops of argan oil. It has the ability to retain moisture on skin effectively without the harmful side effects of chemical-based products such as lotions and creams. Argan oil can be your daily moisturizer for hydrated skin all day!
Fights Skin Aging
Packed with vitamins and essential fatty acids, argan oil effectively protects skin from premature aging. It contains vitamin A and E that work together to restore damaged skin. When used regularly, it makes skin firm and plump. This reduces the appearance of wrinkles while skin stays nourished.
Argan oil is perfect for all skin types even for anyone suffering from acne. It reduces sebum levels of individuals with oily skin. This helps balance the skin by providing natural moisture. Linoleic acid in argan oil soothes inflamed skin and promotes healing. Argan oil clears acne without leaving dark marks behind.
Prevents Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are common to pregnant women after giving birth. With argan oil, you can skip away from this unwanted body mark. Simply rub a few drops of oil on your breasts, stomach, and thighs. Argan oil increases skin elasticity to protect skin against stretch marks.
Soothes Razor Bumps and Burns
Having razor bumps and burns, especially for guys, is like experiencing menstrual period. It is uncomfortable and irritating! Good thing argan oil works as a natural remedy to soothe and heal them after shaving. Women who shave their legs and bikini line can apply and massage argan oil on affected areas as well.
The moisture-rich nature of argan oil makes a wonderful lip treatment for cracked lips. Drying of lips usually happens during cold months. Rubbing a drop or two of argan oil will not only heal your chapped lips but also keep them soft and smooth all day.
Helps Relieve Dry and Itchy Skin Problems
While argan oil generally moisturizes skin, you can also use it to address dry skin problems like eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, and rosacea. Big thanks to its anti-inflammatory and cell repair properties. By keeping the skin moisturized and more elastic, argan oil helps relieve itchiness and pain associated with these conditions while it promotes faster healing.
Want to make sure you get these benefits when using argan oil? Learn tips on the proper and safe use of essential oil products on the link below.
Argan Oil in Cosmetics
Argan oil can be found in many cosmetic and skin care products available in the market today. Many brands of anti-wrinkle creams, oil cleansers, and makeup removers use argan oil. These types of products moisturize your skin and give you a healthier glow. There are body and bath products infused with argan oil such as body oils, hand and body scrubs, shower gels, and body lotions.
You can complete your look with argan-oil-based makeup too. These products polish your look while providing moisture and nourishment.
How to Use Pure Argan Oil for Skin
Moisturizing your body with argan oil is easy. Here are tips you should keep in mind when using argan oil for skin:
- Cleanse the skin. Make sure that your skin is clean before putting on any oil to avoid bacterial overgrowth due to dirt. For this reason, argan oil is best applied after a shower or after washing your face.
- Take oil and apply on the body, especially on drier areas. Your elbows, knees, feet, and heels are usual dry spots. Apply oil on arms and legs too. Spread evenly to get maximum benefits.
- If suffering from dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, you can benefit from a twice-a-day application.
- If pregnant, avoid stretch marks by applying the oil to potential areas such as the stomach and thighs.
- Gently massage until the oil absorbs into the skin.
How to Use Argan Oil on Your Face
Want to get flawless face to match your beautiful skin? Here are the various ways you can use argan oil for face care:
- Method 1: Add argan oil to regular face products such as liquid foundation and creams. You can close the caps tightly then shake or use a narrow spatula to mix well. Apply product on your face as usual.
- Method 2: Use pure argan oil as a night moisturizer. Apply argan oil to clean face before bedtime. Allow the oil to dry and leave overnight.
- Method 3: Add argan oil to your regular face mask. Use the face mask as normal.
- Method 4: Apply 4 drops of oil to your clean face. Massage gently in a circular motion with your fingertips for 1 minute. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Method 5: Moisturize chapped lips with argan oil. Rub 2 to 3 drops of oil onto your lips using your little finger.
Looking for more ways to use argan oil and other essential oil products? Learn how to use essential oils for aromatherapy, culinary, household, and more!
Argan Oil Recipes for Skin Care
You can use argan oil for the skin on its own or you can make it a bit more exciting! Give your argan oil skin care experience a little twist by creating these easy-to-do recipes:
Argan Oil Face Serum
When you got a flawless face, you can definitely face anyone with confidence. Try this simple face serum recipe for your regular application. Use it as your nightly moisturizer.
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- 1 tablespoon tamanu oil
- 6 drops rose absolute essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- Put argan and tamanu oil into a 2-ounce amber glass dropper bottle.
- Add 6 drops each of rose absolute essential oil and lavender essential oil.
- Cover the bottle tightly with the cap and shake gently to create an oil blend.
- To use, apply 3 to 4 drops of the oil blend on a clean face.
- Massage gently in a circular motion.
Argan Oil Face Mask
This natural face mask made with argan oil and other kitchen finds nourishes and cleanses the skin. Do this once a week to keep your face looking young and feeling fresh always.
- 1 tablespoon argan oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado (ripe)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Take a bowl and combine lemon juice, avocado, honey, and argan oil.
- Mix well while adding water in increments. Continue until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Apply the face mask using a spatula.
- Leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Argan Oil Body Moisturizer
Make argan oil part of your daily skin care treatment with this simple homemade argan oil body moisturizer. It works for all skin types and complexion. This recipe uses rose geranium essential oil, which boasts an uplifting mix of rose and citrus fragrances.
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- 3 drops rose geranium essential oil
- Put argan oil in a glass jar.
- Add 3 drops of rose geranium essential oil and stir gently.
- Take some oil into your fingers and rub on both palms to spread.
- Massage into your arms, shoulders, and legs as if applying a lotion.
- The oil absorbs fast while giving off a soothing scent.
Where to Buy Argan Oil Skin Care Products
Effective use of argan oil starts with knowing where to buy authentic argan oil products. Knock-off goods may not have the right amounts of nutrients. Purchasing from reputable sources ensures high-quality oil that gives you the benefits you are looking for. Here are your options:
- Pharmacies or organic health stores
- Beauty aisle in department stores
- Brand websites
- Online stores (such as Amazon)
To get what you pay for, make it a habit to check the labels too. Pick 100% pure argan oil that has been cold-pressed. Remember to use cosmetic grade argan oil only. The culinary argan oil used for food preparation has a strong nutty taste and aroma that may not be suitable for your skin. Since cosmetic argan oil are made without using heat, it maintains a high concentration of vitamin and essential fatty acids your skin needs.
Ready to meet the most excellent brands of essential oils? Here are our top picks for the best brands you should look out for.