How Castor Oil Works on Your Eyebrows
Castor oil works in two ways to help thicken your eyebrows. It prevents loss of eyebrows and encourages the growth of new strands. As these two actions work together, the result is a set of thicker eyebrows that don’t fall off easily.
By applying castor oil for eyebrows regularly, you are giving it the essential nutrients it needs. This natural oil contains essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and proteins.
One the most important fatty acids in castor oil is ricinoleic acid. Castor oil is about 90 percent of this omega-9 fatty acid, making it the oil’s most abundant component. It moisturizes hair and boosts blood circulation at the roots to encourage hair growth.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that repairs cell damage. While it’s commonly known to work on skin, it works on hair strands too! As the hair is rebuilt beautifully, the protein content of the oil strengthens every strand. This prevents eyebrows from breaking off and thinning.
With a mound of therapeutic and healthy properties, essential oils like castor oil are truly useful. They are great natural remedies for various personal care needs. Some essential oils even have healing benefits for certain body ailments and illnesses.
Wonder what other essential oils you can use? Check out our list of various types of essential oils and learn how to use them for daily living.
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyebrows Effectively
Your eyebrows highlight your overall look and expression. It not only makes your face come alive, but it also serves an attractive feature that is totally trending right now.
Almost every girl wants to have bushy and beautiful eyebrows like fashion model and actress, Cara Delevigne; Love, Rosie star Lily Collins; and Beauty and the Beasts’ Belle, Emma Watson. With the right shaping technique, you can achieve fierce bombshell brows like them! But first… you need to grow your subject thicker first. The best way is to use castor oil for eyebrows to get your desired volume.
Things You’ll Need
- Face cleanser
- Eye makeup remover
- Cotton balls
- Applicator (either cotton swab or eyeliner brush)
- Small tube container (Optional)
How to Apply Castor Oil for Eyebrows
- Prep-up your face. Remove any traces of makeup using a good makeup remover and cotton balls. Wash your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type, and then pat dry with a clean towel. Having a clean face is the foundation of any application of castor oil for face.
- Take some castor oil for eyebrows. Using the cotton swab or eyeliner brush, take some oil from the container. Make sure to get enough castor oil only to avoid spillage and oil waste.
- Apply the oil on your eyebrows. Glide the applicator gently over your brows along the direction of growth. This avoids accidental plucking of more eyebrows.
- Leave on overnight to allow absorption.
- Do it regularly every night until desired results are achieved.
Eyebrow Enhancer Travel Kit
Create your own eyebrow enhancer travel kit with a small tube container. Take a clean mascara tube and fill it with castor oil. Always keep it in your bag wherever you go. Travel for vacation, business trips, or just a simple weekend getaway with your very own eyebrow enhancer travel kit. This way, you can make sure that you’ll never miss a night without applying castor oil for eyebrows.
And oh, you can use it to grow your eyelashes too!
Want to use the best brand of castor oil for eyebrows? Choose from Essential Oils Care’s list of top castor oil brands and begin your journey to gorgeous-looking eyebrows today.
Best Time to Apply Castor Oil
Like any other beauty regimen, using castor oil for eyelashes takes time and requires your full commitment in order to reap positive results. Apply the oil every night before bedtime and notice visible results after several weeks. It takes a few strokes of your applicator and you’re done. It’s no hassle so there’s no excuse for you to get those bold and striking brows in no time!
Applying castor oil at night before bedtime makes it more effective. This gives the oil plenty of time to absorb into the strands and roots for maximum benefits.
TIP: Keep your castor oil bottle near your bedside table. This will be your constant reminder to apply castor oil for eyebrows before going to sleep.
Safety Reminders When Using Castor Oil for Eyebrows
Meticulous brow arches can totally intensify your gaze. It’s a fierce feature that gets you noticed and often admired by others. Get there as you use castor oil for eyebrows safely with these reminders:
- Patch test first – Before using the product regularly to thicken your eyebrows, make sure that you are not allergic to castor oil. The best way to know is to conduct a patch test. Using castor oil for eyebrows is essentially using castor oil for face. And you do not want anything seriously bad to happen. To do a patch test, simply put castor oil (1-inch diameter) behind your ear using a cotton ball. Monitor the area for 24 hours and if bad reactions occur (such as redness, burning, or itchiness) discontinue use immediately.
- Avoid contact with eyes – The eyes are made up of sensitive tissues and nerve endings. Make sure to apply castor oil carefully to avoid eye contact that could lead to irritation and discomfort. In case of an accident, wash the area immediately with running water and visit your eye doctor for a checkup.
- Keep the castor oil bottle away from direct sunlight – Store your castor oil in a cool dry place to help protect it from degradation. Heat can diminish the oil’s natural properties, making it less effective. Put the bottle in secured medicine cabinets or drawers to keep the product out of reach of children.
- Always use clean tools – Keep your applicators such as brushes clean. Dirt may contaminate the product and cause skin irritation.
TIP: Use 100% cold pressed castor oil to ensure that your castor oil is natural and safe. It does not only contain the highest amount of nutrients your eyebrows need to grow thicker, it is also free from harmful substances.
You can apply these safety tips when you use other essential oil products so keep them in mind. Check out more information on essential oils and the various ways to use them.