How Effective is Castor Oil for Eyelashes Growth
When you hear about castor oil for eyelashes growth, you probably have an inkling if it does work. Don’t worry. Essential Oils Care is here to erase all those doubts. We are giving you a lowdown of how effective castor oil for eyelashes really is.
Pure cold pressed castor oil contains essential nutrients that absorbs into the hair follicles of the eyelashes. It carries vitamin E, protein, and fatty acids. These strengthen and nourish each strand from within. Perfectly nourished hair follicles promote healthy eyelash growth. Healthy eyelashes don’t break or pull out easily so they are able to grow longer.
Plus, castor oil has a high amount of ricinoleic acid. This omega-9 fatty acid is the key component responsible for promoting hair growth. It actively boosts blood circulation at the hair bulb to enable growth. Castor oil also contains moisture to keep your eyelashes from becoming dry and brittle. Your eyelashes stay healthy and hydrated as they grow longer.
How to Use Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Want to find out the best way to use castor oil for eyelashes growth? It sure looks pretty simple – you just have to take the oil and put it on your eyelashes – but how do you really make it work? Hear out these awesome tips to achieve great results.
Things You’ll Need
A more efficient use of castor oil for eyelashes starts with getting the right tools and materials. Have these items readily available before your eyelash-lengthening journey begins.
- Face cleanser
- Eye makeup remover – Must be gentle on skin and does not contain ingredients that could irritate the eyes
- Applicator – Micro-applicator brush, mascara wand, or cotton swab – whichever is available
- Empty mascara tube – Must be clean
- Ingredients for castor oil eyelash growth serum – Check them out in the recipe below
Castor Oil Eyelash Growth Serum Recipe
This natural eyelash growth serum boosts eyelashes growth with all-natural ingredients that work together for best results.
- 1 teaspoon castor oil (use pure cold pressed castor oil)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon argan oil
- 1 capsule vitamin E (alternatively liquid biotin)
- Put all essential oil ingredients in an empty mascara tube.
- Nick a small hole in the vitamin E capsule using a pair of scissors and nip content into the tube as well.
- Cover the mascara tube with the cap and shake to mix well.
- Voila! Your Castor Oil Eyelash Growth Serum is ready to use.
Alternatively, you can use liquid biotin if vitamin E capsule is not available. Liquid biotin, or vitamin B7, is a water-soluble vitamin that’s part of the vitamin B complex our body needs. It helps maintain the health of your hair, nails, and skin.
You can use this Castor Oil Eyelash Growth Serum for eyebrows too. Get thicker eyebrows that match your long eyelashes – now that’s how you rock a fierce look!
Bring your eyelash growth kit anywhere you go so you don’t miss out on your daily application. It is better to keep another kit on your bedside table for use before bedtime.
5 Steps to Apply Castor Oil on Eyelashes
Can’t wait for gorgeous eyelashes that turn heads? Follow these steps on how to apply castor oil for eyelashes growth.
- Make sure that your face is clean, especially the eye area. Remove any traces of makeup with an eye makeup remover and wash your face using a gentle face cleanser.
- Take some oil from the mascara tube using any available applicator. Make sure it does not carry excess oil to avoid dripping.
- Apply the oil carefully on your eyelashes from the base to the tips.
- Leave the oil overnight to allow the oil to work.
- Repeat the same simple steps daily until desired results are visible.
How Often Should I Use Castor Oil on Eyelashes
Apply castor oil for eyelashes daily to achieve positive results in no time. Sticking to a daily routine is key to getting desired results. Like any other beauty products out there, using castor oil for eyelashes requires commitment and time. You cannot get longer eyelashes overnight, especially if you want it naturally.
So, when is the best time to apply castor oil for eyelashes? As the oil needs enough time to absorb into the stands of your eyelashes, apply it before bedtime. Leaving it overnight gives it plenty of time to work on your eyelashes for maximum benefits.
While castor oil works well with hair, you can use castor oil for skin care and body massage. Most essential oil products are versatile and have various uses that promote wellness.
Want to know more about the wide range of essential oil uses? Learn how to use it for personal care, aromatherapy, and body healing.
Safety When Using Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Proper use of castor oil for eyelashes growth needs some extra care. Here are safety precautions you should keep in mind and the possible mishaps you want to avoid.
- Avoid contact with eyes. Any product not meant for the eyes can cause serious eye irritation. If not managed well, it may even lead to vision impairment. If your eye area feels itchy while using the product, wash them with running water. Discontinue use immediately.
- Perform a patch test before application. This checks your skin sensitivity with the product.
- Store your castor oil in a cool dry place. Keep the product away from direct sunlight, which can diminish the oil’s beneficial properties. Always cover the bottle tightly.
- Keep the product away from children to avoid accidental swallowing. Castor oil can induce laxative effects. This may not be good for young children when taken at high doses.
When not used correctly for eyelashes application, castor oil may cause the following:
- Itchiness around the eye area
- Redness of the eyes
- Eye irritation
- Eye infection
- Avoid eye irritation and infection by keeping your applicators always clean. Wipe brush with clean paper towel or tissue after every use to avoid dirt buildup.
- Avoid constantly scratching your eye area aggressively. Not only can this pull out some eyelash strands, dirt from your hands may get in contact with your eyes and cause irritation or infection.
- Ensure your safety by using high-quality castor oil products. The best and most effective type of castor oil is pure cold pressed castor oil. It must be made with organic castor seeds with a chemical-free formulation. Look for trusted essential oil brands that cater high-quality products.
Want to know the names that made it to our list of best essential oil brands? Take a closer look at each brand as we Essential Oils Care gives you the juiciest reviews of today’s top essential oil brands.